Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Ban on Silly Bandz in Room 125

I know the average 5-7 year old thinks that Silly Bandz are all the rage.  I realize that they are an adorable fashion accessory for the elementary school set.  I have a five year old, so I truly do get it.  They're cute.  However....Silly Bandz are not very conducive to the educational process.  When kids are supposed to be listening, they are invariably snapping, twisting, and otherwise playing with their bracelets.  Hey, if I were wearing them, I'd probably be fiddling with them as well!  The Bandz also make convenient flying projectiles which can soar across a classroom with deadly precision.  I have made it clear to students that if they take off the bands, the bracelets will spend the day on my desk.  So, to simplify matters, I am requesting that students NOT wear Silly Bandz to school.  If you have any questions about this policy, please let me know.  Thanks for your cooperation.

No comments:

Post a Comment